Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence

Ever have the feeling you've read something and then two days later that particular word, phrase, person place, thing or event presents itself.

Recently, I read Michael Chabon's Wonder Boys and in it, an Underwood Typewriter was mentioned.

Two weeks later, I'm reading Andrew Gross' book, called Don't Look Twice and in it an Underwood typewriter is mentioned; The phrase from the Wizard of Oz,  'we're not in Kansas anymore' is recited in Gross' book and just the day before, I received an email from my cousin who recited the same line.

I chose  Don't Look Twice cause I'm interested and enjoy reading Andrew Gross not because I wanted to see if Underwood typewriters were mentioned;  So out of happenstance or coincidence, things, places, events, words and people we read and hear about or experience first hand are connected. 

This is the first time I've documented such occurrences in my life and I plan on continuing to do so. I've experienced the same phenomenon when doing crossword puzzles. I'll be stuck on a clue, figure it out and move on to the next days puzzle only to find out a day or two later, I read the answer to that particular clue in a book that I'm reading. 

This feeling  happens to all of us, not so much the feeling of deja vu, but more so how occurrences connect to one another.

Deepak Chopra teaches about these experiences and feelings in a program called SynchroDestiny at his wellness and spiritual awakening centers and in his books, Synchrodestiny and The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence

In short, SynchroDestiny is the ability to take advantage of the possibilities that are the results of these connected occurrences.

The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence [SPONTANEOUS FULFILLMENT OF]Synchrodestiny

http://www.chopra.com/synchro

No comments:

Post a Comment