Tuesday, April 26, 2011

When I stop talking, you'll know I'm dead..

Useful Stories from a Persuasive Man, a memoir by Jerry Weintraub.  If you're unfamiliar with Jerry, think John Denver, Frank Sinatra, The Carpenters, Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan, The Eagles, Led Zepplin, Dorothy Hamill, James Caan, Al Pacino, Julia Roberts, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, just to name a few...the movies: The Firm, Ocean Eleven, Twelve and Thirteen, The Karate Kid, Diner....and Presidents: JFK, Jimmy Carter, George H.W.Bush.

These are just some of the people, singers and movies that Jerry is associated with.  Singers and Bands he's promoted or discovered,  Actors he's managed, Movies he's either starred in or produced and famous people he's friends with through out his life.  In, When I stop talking, you'll know I'm dead, Jerry tells of growing up in Brooklyn, working for the William Morris Agency and meeting the love of his life, Jane Morgan, who his mother refused to speak to for three years, Why? well read the book and find out.

He's going to sell you something, you are going to buy it and you will like it - Melvin Weintraub, Jerry's  brother.

HBO has produced a documentary called, His Way, released this month. I've read the book and have watched a bit of the HBO show, a great compliment to the book.

I LOVED this book! What a story-tellin' salesman!!!!

When I Stop Talking, You'll Know I'm Dead: Useful Stories from a Persuasive Man

No comments:

Post a Comment