Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What it's like to be a Dog, Day 47..

Back in May, (see previous post dated 5/25) I set out to explore and research a pet; a dog specifically. Well the dog days of summer are yet past us, but my research on dog life has temporary concluded. In reading, Alexandra Horowitz's Inside of a Dog: What Dogs See, Smell and Know, I know more about dogs than I could imagine and I'm one of many steps closer to adding a four legged roommate to my humble abode.



Horowitz, clearly and yet scientifically helps dog lovers understand the various characteristics and behaviors of a dog as she spins her own dog' s life (Pumpernickel, Pump for short) throughout the book. After reading her book, you'll never look at a dog the same way again, and that's a good thing!



Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.  - - Attributed to Groucho Marx


Inside of a Dog: What Dogs See, Smell, and Know

No comments:

Post a Comment